Sunday, January 25, 2009

IN SEACH OF RESOLUTIONS NEW AND LOVES TRUE

I've had a life well lived; a childhood in which I was loved, a heart which has been nurtured into blossom by two loving parents, a knowledge of the security of my future. It strikes me, as I read out my new resolutions, that I have taken for granted a lot of things. I've taken for granted my family, my home, my parents. I've taken for granted the fact that I'll always have a home, and someone who'll be happy to have me in their life. I've taken for granted the fact that I can have anything I want for breakfast, or for that matter, dinner. I've taken for granted the happiness that I experience in being alive. As a matter of fact, I've taken for granted the fact that I AM alive. To this extent, I've had to revise my New Year resolutions. I've done this so I can learn to enjoy the simple things in life.

1) To watch a sunset once a week.
2) To sit in Central Park and swing to the sky.
3) To talk to new people, make new friends.
4) To work in an NGO for children, or volunteer at an orphanage.
5) Tour Europe with friends.
6) Wake up each morning and remember that it's going to be a new day, and new days should come with new experiences, new things to do, new people to see and new ways to enjoy life.
7) Look for something extraordinary outside my window. Observe the changes in the Jacaranda tree and keep something for the little sparrows on my window ledge.
8) Live life, enjoy nature, give of myself, be the person I want to become.
9) Write a book on life, love, and everything else that really matters in my world.
10) Believe in myself.

4 comments:

Barman said...

I like your blog it's very informative. Keep up the good work. I learned many from your blog!

R!@ said...

goooo Hana! By Central Park, do you mean the one in New York? :P Would love to have you visit..NY isn't all that far away :D
It's been a while since I heard from you. Keep the posts coming...

R!@ said...

oh btw..just noticed today that you have a link to a Wharton website on your blog!
Can you change the link to my blog here? remember I had changed the address a while ago...?

Rehana said...

Thanks Barman.

RIIII!! Right: I'm on it.. Lol.. Nope: Central Park Nairobi:)